Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city and is a very popular destination for many Europeans. For this reason you will find people here from pretty much all over Europe and all over the world. The one thing I found amazing is that no matter where you come from, most people speak or try to speak Spanish when in Spain. But I guess its mutual respect for one another because this happens in a lot of countries throughout Europe. There is lots of history, art and even vineyards right outside the city.
Of course eating happens late as it happens in most European cities so take a nap, have an amazing dinner and get ready for the night, it is absolutely spectacular!
The W hotel is my favorite hotel in Spain. This place is super sexy and very stylish. It is also on the beach. Their customer service is beyond anything I have ever seen. I got engaged here and they went above and beyond so I highly recommend it. Picture going through Europe all day and then ending up on the beach so you can really relax after a day of running around. They also have amazing restaurants right at beach level at the W. Amazing!
In the past, part of me has felt that if you stay at one place over and over again all around the world then you aren't really experiencing what an area has to offer. I know people that stay at the same resort chain all over the place and I never understood why because you're traveling without really experiencing the culture. But staying at the W all over the world has helped me understand a little. It isn't a resort so of course I am still exploring but with the W I know that I am going to be treated amazing, the service is incomparable and it will always be a stylish and trendy place. Overall the W is affordable and each location has something different, like a bar or a club or rooftop, so in no way is it the same hotel every time. A familiar, yet unique experience is probably the best way to put it.
• The Axel is also great! Their slogan is “Hetero Friendly” so I would say it’s probably fifty percent heterosexual and fifty percent gay. The roof top pool and bar is super cool. If you do stay here go with a bigger room for sure.
• The Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Barcelona happens to be very special and SUPER stylish.
• There is a restaurant called Pez Vela right under The W hotel at beach level. They have amazing Paellas!! This place is sexy and easy going.
• CDLC is right on the beach and walking distance from The W before The Arts Hotel. One of my favorites for sure. It is really sexy, the food is really great and the place turns into a lounge/club after like 1am. Super cool!
• El Nacional Restaurant is pretty cool too. It's super sexy and the food is spectacular. It has very unique sections to it so depending on where you're seated, it may feel like a completely different restaurant than it does to someone else dining. So go there a couple of times! It is always guaranteed to be an experience coupled with amazing food and 5 star service.
• Of course Gaudi is one of the famous architects in Spanish history. Between The buildings, the Famous “La Sagrada Familia Church” and the park, you will have a lot to do and see.
• Placa Espanya is an amazing palace you must see.
• Go see Barcelona water sports (yachts, Sailing, Boating School, ETC.) if you’re into that. This can be wicked cool. Rent a Catamaran or any toy you want and have a blast.
• Poble Espanyol is a nice little museum.
• Mar Bella beach is very very cool if you want to spend the day at the beach.
• Las Ramblas Blvd is a main attraction but very busy and super touristy. It is worth going to this boulevard for a stroll and maybe some lunch.
There are so many bars in Barcelona. I went to quite a few. I found that they were all special in their own way. But of course, drinking for me, it’s part of the adventure. It happens to be a great way to meet locals and find out what’s going on.
Also The Mandarin Oriental has a really awesome bar, and of course it’s super sexy.
• I had mentioned CDLC before for dinner or you can just go there to drink and have a sexy time after midnight.
• The top of the W has a club that happens to be a lot of fun as well.
• Or you can stroll down Las Ramblas and there are plenty of bars and clubs you can go check out.
Rocco & I enjoying Spain! =)
Aerial shot of Barcelona, Spain
If you have the time take a rickshaw tour at night of Barcelona...it was so much fun! Also be sure to interact with your guide...they'll be sure to share some great spots with you to check out!!!
Fountains at night in Barcelona
We may have had too much fun on a bus ride through Barcelona
Be sure to grab a bottle of wine (or water!) and enjoy the sunset. It was incredible almost every night!